Monday 18 February 2013

Beautiful Disaster By Jamie McGuire

Ok so this is a big deal to me. There are rumours of "beautiful disaster" being made into a Warner Bros movie and im over the moon.

Julia Hart ("The keeping room") has been hired to write the screenplay!
It is said that the studio acquired the rights to Jamie's novel for Donald De Line to produce (arh)

So my hopes for this Movie. Well i want unknown actors to play the roles. That way they really fit into it and i can actually see them as the characters, known actors wouldnt be able to accomplish this in my opinion so it would be a massive let down knowing one of my favourite books of all time would be ruined by the movie. Now whilst i enjoyed Twilight the books the movie was a let down because actors just didnt go well and im not trying to diss it to the twilovers (i still enjoy the movies and own them all) i just dont want this book to be a repeat. Im sure all those whom have read a book and then been let down by the film will understand.

This year alone we have:
beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
City of bones by Cassandra clare (my all time favourite book series)
The Host by Stephanie Meyer
With talk about Vampire Academy (second favourite book series) with the name changed to "blood sisters", If i stay and Daughter of smoke and bone being made.

After reading Beautiful Disaster i decided to get a tattoo done that represents what the book meant to me and how i feel it is an example of little bits to my own life. You might not understand it but to me its the second most meaningful tattoo i have. The first being my sons name.

Now this isnt the best picture of it but it still looks amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...